1. Thank the blogger who tagged you with the award and share the link back to the rewarding blog.
2. Name five fabulous moments in your life. They do not need to be in any particular order.
3. Name five things that you love.
4. Name five things that you hate.
5. Present the award to 5 other deserving bloggers and include their links.
So I noticed the other day that I had been tagged in my sister in law's post for the Blog-a-day challenge and once I made my way there I discovered that she had awarded me with the Fabulous Blog Award (along with 4 others, so I'm not that special). I appreciate that anyone reads my ramblings, so I think it's lovely that she mentioned me specifically. So thank you Anita for thinking other's (that haven't discovered my mahousive amount of talent already) might like to read my blah blah blahs. See what I did there? I strategically and inconspicuously linked to her blog three times, thus fulfilling rule number 1.
But like most things in life, you never receive anything without there being a 'catch' of sorts. The catch for me to receive this lovely award is to fulfill the above mentioned rules. So here goes my obligation:
Five FANTABULOUS moments of my life:
2. Being with my dad when he passed away. This particular one seems strange to choose as a fabulous moment as well, but I know my dad and I know he would have taken comfort in knowing the majority of the most important people in his world were with him to the very end. I feel lucky that we were able to be there to hold his hands, thank him for a job well done, wish him well and tell him we loved him right up to and beyond that last breath. I will hold with me for ever, the moment when he opened his eyes, looked around at all of us and then passed away (he'd love that he was so cliche too!). He knew we were there and I know he was content with that.
3. The obvious ones, the birth of my children (I'll lump them together even though they were born 4 years apart.). They changed my life in so many fabulous ways the instant they were born. Well, I suppose from the moments I found out I was pregnant, but mainly from the moment I met them and they became truly real. They have shaped me (with the help of my parents and my formative years) into a better person. I lost my selfishness the moment they entered my lives. Everything I do is with them in mind. I would be lost without my boys. They are my world, my everything. With them by my side, I know I can concur anything.
4. Choosing Eric. The day I knew I was in over my head with Eric was a great day. The day I knew he too felt the same way was a fabulous day. Eric has shown me that a relationship doesn't have to be full of resentment, stress, worry, anger, annoyance, and frustration. He's shown me that two people can have a heated conversation without it blowing up into a fight or requiring wall repair at a later date. He's taught me what a mature relationship is and it's actually easy. Oh don't get me wrong, we are not perfect, but it's just so much better. So that in and of itself is Fabulous!
5. The moment I was offered my promotion. I had worked so hard to get where I was in my career. I paid my dues far longer than I ever anticipated I would have to. It was all worth it in the end. My hard work was noticed and appreciated. It was a great feeling to be offered a job without applying for it. A job that would erase a whole lot of stress with regards to money and raising my children alone. A job that still incorporated everything I loved about my career with some added perks. A position that wasn't normally handed to someone my age or of my sex. It was a fabulous moment to realize things were changing for the better.
1. Well my family and friends (d'uh). There should be a clause in there that states you can't mention family and friends as that should just go without saying. But since there isn't, I suppose I should include them. Without them, my life would be pretty lame on all accounts.
2. High-heeled shoes. Man, I love me a swanky pair of kicks. If I could get away with wearing them every single day just because? Well, I would. They make my calves look great, and my legs look longer and they make me even taller and man, they are just sexy!!
3. My kitties. Even when they annoy the hell out of me, I just can't get enough of them. They sure do make me smile.
4. Traveling! I just love, love, love the opportunity to travel to other areas of the world. Doesn't really matter where, I don't think, just the ability to see different places. Whether I'm traveling with my friends or my family I just really enjoy it. I'm blessed and lucky that I've had so many opportunities.
5. Fresh, clean, new bed sheets on my bed. Man it really is a simple thing but it's so appreciated. I still haven't figured out what the phenomenon is behind it, but it really is a great feeling climbing into a freshly made bed of fresh, clean linen. Sigh....I gotta get this stuff done so I can change my bed!
Five things that I hate:
1. Trying to sleep in extreme heat. I'm not sure why I even bother to try, it just doesn't happen. And when this girl goes too long without sleep, well she's not happy. She's irritable and crotchety. I hate the 'just can't get comfy' feeling. I hate that you can only take off so much before you're just nekid and hot and sweaty. Thank goodness for central air and fans!
2. Prickle bushes. I hate that it's like dodging landmines to get across my backyard. And not the dog made landmines, I don't even have a dog! Those damn pricker bushes/thistle/whatever they are are unkillable! Like for reals. They are ridiculous and offer nothing to make this world a better place. Why do they exist?
3. People who feel they are entitled. I've posted about this previously and recently in fact. It bothers me that other's treat people shitty and expect a good outcome. It bothers me more that they are successful at it. The squeaky wheel gets the oil right? What ever happened with "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar"? Let's try to make our way back to that saying.
4. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (or the fact that I suffer from it). Worst annoyance ever! I hate that it's unpredictable and can strike any time. I hate that it makes me hesitate to eat that which I love. I hate how it makes me feels when it does strike. I hate that my guts hate so much stuff.
5. That my dad is gone. I hate this new normal. I hate that I can't pick up the phone and call him at the drop of a hat like I used to. I hate that my kids time with him has been cut short. I hate that he was in so much pain. I hate that he was scared. I hate that he's missing so much. I hate that I don't really feel his presence around me. I hate missing him.
Five other deserving bloggers:
1. Eric "Ea$y" Clark (AKA Johny Cobra) http://www.cobrachronicles.com/
2. Taryn Laangeman and the Panda Family http://www.fetuspanda.com/
3. Jon Marshall (the fishing guru) http://www.fishingfury.com/
4. Lindsay and her secret last name http://betterafter.blogspot.ca/
5. Jiz Andlay http://ladyinthelivingroom.wordpress.com/
So there are my duties, all fulfilled now so I won't feel guilty about pinning that award onto my fridge. If you're so inclined, leave me a comment (I should have included comments on my blog posts in the list of things I love. I could probably replace my family and friends with that one, that's how much I love it. ). Rumour has it, I dig comments. And if you are also SO inclined, then check out those other blogs I linked to, that's some good, fun reading right there.