Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hungry babies = Frustrated mamas

Last week I went to visit one of my favourite little beaners, Darby.  My friend Jodi had him (her first) on the 2nd of August.  He's such an adorable little peanut.  I just want to eat him up. 

Turns out she's been hitting her wall, which is so unlike Jodi who's all about the "peace, love and granola".  Seems motherhood has been taking its toll on her patience.  Poor little Darby has a tendency to cry.  A lot.  Which is so weird cause he seems so sweet when I'm there holding him.  ;)   Last week she had a day where he started crying at 8 in the morning and didn't stop until 3 in the afternoon.  Oi vey!  She decided to try pumping some milk and spent 2 hours attached to a machine to only produce 1 1/2 oz.  Frustrating.  So after determining that she hasn't been producing enough food for the little beaner she made the decision to supplement her milk with formula every other meal.  And man oh man is that little guy a happy bird.  He was just so hungry.  But rest assured, he's thriving and content now!  I remember going through that EXACT same thing with Gage when he was a baby as well.  I felt terrible, like the worst mother in the world for starving her baby, but it turns out it's so common. 


Happy happy peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment