Thursday, September 2, 2010

History repeats itself.

My child is turning into me.  More and more each day.  I remember when I was in Grade 9 and I asked my mom for a pair of Doc Marten's.  She told me no way was she paying over a hundred bucks for a pair of shoes for me so I might as well get a job.  Which I did.  I got my first job at Burger King when I was 13 years old. 

Well fast forward 23 years and my son is asking me for $90.00 shoes.  He is so hard on his shoes that I have a really hard time swallowing the idea of $90.00 shoes that are only going to last a couple of months.  He begged and was super cute and adorable which is a pleasant change from his usual 13 year old sarcastic self so I agreed to assist him with the help of his father. 


They don't look like they are worth ninety bucks to me. 

1 comment:

  1. jamie has the same pair. blue and white. and he paid for them. we have an agreement. and his paper route pays well ;)

    ReplyDelete