Friday, September 17, 2010

Dream a little Dream

Last night I had a dream that I had a baby boy.  No name mentioned in my dream, I had Gage and Roan in the dream so it wasn't one of them.  And no obvious mention of the father of said child, however my ex-husband showed up in the dream towards the end of it.  I remember giving him the baby to watch (they were in a kitchen) while I went and changed the babies sheets. When I came back into the kitchen, the ex was reading something, not paying attention to the baby and he had placed the baby in the kitchen sink full of water and the baby was face down, drowning.  I panicked, pulled the baby out of the water and started infant CPR.  At this point my panic must have gotten the better of me because I woke up in a start. 

After going to the washroom and going back to bed, my dream picked up with me still having a baby.  Obviously he survived the kitchen sink mishap.  Thank god.  I was going in to get him up from his crib.  He was atleast 2 months old.  He was a happy baby.  I started to change his diaper and made the conscious realization that I hadn't had to change a poopy diaper yet and that I was worried he was going to have an upset stomach.  As anyone would who hadn't pooped in two months.  Then I couldn't get the diaper to fit him properly.  Oh and Roan came in the room, dropped a tool box on his foot and cried.  I yelled at him to shut up or he'd upset the baby.  Then I woke up.  Weird.  Here's what I learned from the wide world web:

To dream that you had a baby, suggests that you are giving birth to a new idea or project. It can also represents new beginnings or some upcoming event.

To see a "dead" baby in your dream indicates that some attribute or feature that you possess no longer exists.


To dream that you are dipping a baby in or out of water implies that you wish that you didn't have to face such burdening obligations. This dream may be representative of your desire to seek  a place of solace and relief.
To dream about someone drowning indicates that you are investing too much in some situation that you cannot control. This dream may also indicate that you have lost your individuality. You can't tell the difference between the different persona you wear.
To dream about your ex-boyfriend/husband indicates that people currently in your life are reminding you of those same feelings you had back then. This dream could be warning you that you are falling into a repeating pattern in relationships. You should consider the harsh lessons you may have dealt with in these past experiences so you don't repeat them. Sometimes, however, past encounters can be satisfying episodes in your life. This dream may also indicate things you have 'X'd' out within yourself.
**All interesting....though not sure how much I believe this stuff. 

I guess the only reason I really found it strange that I dreamt about a baby is that my friend, Kori, posted on my Facebook page last week that she had a dream that I had a baby girl.  And today at work, one of my co-workers Marnie mentioned she dreamt last night that she had a baby girl, newborn who could talk.  Both of us have been 'spayed' so the odds are not good that either of us are pregnant. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment