Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Swoon

In March LB and I started the first of our 'concert' series this year.  We went to listen to Mr. Henry Rollins (formerly of Black Flag and Rollin's Band) doing a speaking engagement in Buffalo.  I've seen him in concert when he fronted Rollin's Band and now I've seen two of his speaking engagements.  I'm not sure what it is about this man, but I seriously crush on him.  He's just getting better and better with age. 




Anyway, nothing titilating to tell you about the show, just that we went and if the opportunity ever presents itself to you it would be in your best interest to check him out.  He's smart and funny and clever and nice.  An overall decent human being who is doing GREAT things for the world.  (And he handled a heckler remarkably well, with wit, decorum and a little bit of 'go fuck yourself shithole' attitude.  But he did it all with a smile and that made him more endearing.)  If you can't see him live do yourself a favour and check out some of his stuff on Youtube.  He a self-admitted work whore who even showed up on Season 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race.  I loved him a little more that day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment