Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Picture Show

I wish I could have watched this week's episode of Glee without any familiarity or affection for The Rocky Horror Picture Show but, I can’t change the fact that I’m a not so secret fan and my perspective on this installment was going to be a little rose-tinted.

They could not have started the show any better than they did in my opinion.  A pair of lips filled the screen singing the opening song, then faded to black-and-white and were covered in a familiar blood-soaked logo that read: “The Rocky Horror Glee Show.”  I was almost giddy.  Ok, who am I kidding?  I was giddy and singing along and poking Eric (who was not giddy). 

And how great was it that they made room for cameos from the oridinal Picture Show???  Barry Bostwick (the Brad of the movies) and Meat Loaf Aday (who played Eddie on film and onstage, and apparently has a last name)?  So great!! 

But once again, Sue summed up what we all know is true with her rendition of what Halloween 'used' to be all about.  'A time of year when we allow boys to dress like girls and girls to dress like whores. We've lost the true meaning of Halloween: Fear!  Children must know fear. Without it, they'll try frenching grizzly bears or trying to live in Florida.'  But by far the best quote of the night came from "the mini Sue Sylvester" - Becky (a girl with Down Syndrome):  "Give me some chocolate or I will cut you."  So wrong, but oh so right.

So while I know Glee has gotten off to a rocky (no pun intended) start this season I was overall very content and pleased with last nights episode.  It blended in well with, what, the 8 lbs of Halloween candy I've consumed over the past three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment