Monday, October 25, 2010

Having my say.

I voted tonight.  I did my duty as a citizen of my city and cast my vote to elect those who run it.  I'll be honest (and a tad shallow), I voted for only those I've actually met or know.  I don't follow politics.  Not in the slightest.  This is probably wrong but I could care less.  I know, I know not the best comment to say about how the city I live in is run.  I guess my pessimism gets the better of me and the belief that any person or group of persons is going to make enough change for the positive doesn't exist for me.  Even if they manage to pull out one good thing, there will probably be a few other lousy things they do.  So tonight, for me it was a popularity contest.  Maybe because I know them in the slightest way possible they will disappoint me less.  Or they won't, because again, I don't really care.

No comments:

Post a Comment