Tuesday, May 29, 2012

In dreams, we enter a world that’s entirely our own.

During one Saturday of sailing through garages Eric found two wooden light switch covers for 50 cents.  Upon returning home it dawned on us that we didn't have one light switch in this house that could use those two plate covers so it was decided that I'd "Pinterest" the crap out of them and pass them along to my sister in law who seems to be a recipient of a few of my crafts now.  I hope she doesn't mind that I'm adding clutter to her house. 

I borrowed the idea from one I'd seen on Pinterest and since I know Anita loves all things Harry Potter, just like this girl, I woodburned a couple sayings from the books onto the plate covers.  Upon finishing the burning, we put a coat of varithane on them.  I'm no master at woodburning but I didn't think it turned out too bad for the second time I've ever attempted it. 

Sounds like she likes them as they've already taken up residency on her wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment