Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowtorious B.I.G

What's this?  A winter storm?  A blizzard?  Seriously weak.  Very much lacking any real substance.  They were comparing it to the blizzard of '77.  I know I was only 3 but I don't think this even compares.  I call bullshit.

I'm not gonna lie, there's a lot of snow in my parking lot at work and after watching the guy plow it I feel that statement is even truer now.  However, it is not enough to warrant shutting the entire school system down for the day.  A bus can get through this snow if my little Buick Lucerne can get through this snow.  I'm not sure if I'm more pissed that I spent 40 minutes (on what is normally a 15 minute drive) coming into work this morning for a 3:30 funeral only to have the family cancel the funeral not 1/2 hour ago.  Hmmp.  Had it not been for this scheduled event I would have had my own snow day.  I'll take an excuse anywhere I can get it for an extra day off. 

I just need to put this out there though...we live in Canada.  In a part of Canada that usually gets snow.  So why do we have to be advised to prepare for an impending storm?  Shouldn't we be used to this already, seeing that it's February?  Generally the worst month of the winter season.  I mean don't we all have means to shovel our driveways by now?  I do, his name is Eric.



Top:  Blizzard of 1977.  Bottom:  "Blizzard" of 2011.  I probably didn't even need to clarify that.  An overstatement if ever there was one.

No comments:

Post a Comment