Monday, October 14, 2013

I'm A 21st Century Digital Girl!

I've been watching the world around me and it has occurred to me I've been lagging behind in terms of technology and what all is out there.  I mean I was still using a pink flip phone!  I'm still trailing, but I've made a conscious step forward recently.  I am now the proud owner of an iPhone 4S.  I know, I know...they just released the 5 or 5 something but give a technologically stunted girl a break.  I'm all about the baby steps folks.  

A picture of the last picture I took of my dad.  Because I never calibrated my phone the photo is trapped in there.  If I try to download it, the computer wants to wipe my phone clean.  This was my only logical option of keeping it forever.

So with a new phone comes a new Instagram account!  You can follow me there too if you wanna.  You'll find me at @missyaggrav8tion.  I promise not to inundate you with tons of pictures, or maybe I will.  Only time and experience will tell.  It's been super fun though playing with this new social media website as well as my phone.  The ease and quickness of taking a photo, editing it and uploading it to both Instagram and Facebook has been awesome-sauce.

I'm not going to lie...I'm still trying to figure out how to make smiley faces/hearts/etc. from my phone.  I see them all over Instagram but when I do it it's quite lack luster and just ends up being a colon with a bracket. Sigh....stunted over here.  I'm all about the emoticons people, I need your help!  And since I'm still learning, do you have an "apps" or quick tips or suggestions for making my user experience so much more pleasing than it already has been?  Any help would be welcomed!

2 comments:

  1. I also have just updated my phone from a flip type to a flat type, and now I know how to text . I held out as long as I could, until the kid moved away to Sask, now I text him, way cheaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?? My texting has come a LONG way quite quickly!! There are so many things these phones do and have replaced for me. I can't get over how long I lived without one! Makes life so convenient. I no longer have to carry my camera, MP3 player, laptop, etc. with me!!

      Delete