|This is a photo I found online that best represents what my end result looked like. Mine were slightly crispier|
The first up on the docket was a side dish. Side dishes are the bane of my existence. I've been
So here we go:
Cauliflower Cheese Chips
- Half a head of cauliflower
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg (you could probably omit if you hate nutmeg)
- 1 cup of old cheddar (though any age would be fine - pick a flavour you like)
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese (I just used the kind that comes in a can and you keep in your fridge - but you could you the fresh kind too)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (for a little kick - you could omit this though)
**Adjust cheese if you don't like it as much as my family does. I always get yelled at for not having enough cheese in my recipes, so I added more.
- Boil cauliflower in a pot of water with some salt added. Boil until softened.
- Drain cauliflower well and mash up (you can use a fork, I used a hand mixer thingamajig) until you have small grains. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 400f
- In a bowl mix your cheeses, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, pepper and egg. Combine with your warmed cauliflower. It's probably easiest to mix it using your hands.
- Make little balls and place them on a greased baking tray (however I used a silicon baking tray without grease and it worked perfectly). Flatten them down with the back of a spoon.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 30 - 40 minutes (depending on your oven and how crispy you would like them). You will have to flip them half way through your cooking time.
That's it! It's really that easy. And they were crunchy and delicious. Thanks to Little Grazers for the original inspiration. Go check them out, you'll find some amazing recipes on her page.