Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Practical Garbage

Oh a crafting she will go.  She being me.  I went a crafting.  Not too much of a surprise there. 

So last week at work, we did a good deed for one of our competing funeral homes.  And as a thank you they sent us the most AMAZING fruit basket I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot!  By far, hands down, the best one to date.  I still can't get over how much food was stuffed in the apple basket.  Like for reals.  Here it is all spread out for us to longingly look at.  Can you believe it all fit inside that basket? 


Just a quick side note:  This whole fruit basket thing brings to mind Dimetri Martin - "I like fruit baskets because it gives you the ability to mail someone a piece of fruit without appearing insane.  Like, if someone just mailed you an apple you'd be like, "Huh? What the hell is this?".  But if it's a fruit basket you're like, "This is nice!".

Anywho's lets get back to the task at hand (I know it's really hard to tear your eyes away from that deliciousness spread out before you) shall we?  I took that apple basket and I decided it would be upcycled to lead a new life as a garbage container for my den.  If I don't provide a receptacle for the trash my kids are likely to just shove it down the cushions.  Have I mentioned how practical my kids are? 

Here's the before (pretty lame, except that it once housed all that food up there ^^). 




And here's the after using the leftover paint from the walls.  I painted the main body white and the trim navy.  Now we're all matchy-matchy.  Might be too much, but it's not always about looks, sometimes it's just about the personality practicality.  




Functional and Free!  Eric's right Double F's are pretty spectacular and sadly not experienced enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment